Avant Vol.1 - American Workwear
PRINTED IN SPAIN
We are proud to present this first volume called An Anthology of American Workwear by Eric Maggiori. He digged into workwear clothing during the California Gold Rush and conversed with Brit Eaton, denim archeologist and Rin Tanaka, founder of The Inspiration Show, discussed denim hunting with Bryan and Melody Kahtava, and portrait Jacob Davis, the inventor of the rivet.
STORIES & TALES
• Denim Hunters : they explore gold mines and ghost towns to find old denim
• A view from United Costume, the most famous costume house in Hollywood
• The Portrait of Jacob Davis, inventor of the rivet : the man behind Levi’s success
• One Century of Workwear in the movies
• Heritage Brands gets a second life
• Wouter Munnichs, denim specialist and founder of Long John
• Larry McKaughan, founder of Heller’s Cafe and vintage collector
• Josh Sirlin, founder of Black Bear Brand
• Brit Eaton, denim archeologist
ART & ILLUSTRATIONS
• Unique cover painting made by Mark Maggiori for Avant Magazine.
• Instants from the Past : a serie of antique pictures collected by Bandit Photographer
• Road Trip, watercolor illustrations of the West America by Magali Brueder.
• Workwear Still Life, photographies by Gauthier Borsarello.
• How to recognize the era of a denim clothing by its tag
• The big directory of workwear brands
• Instigation in Tokyo and the japanese madness of american workwear
• Stifel Story, the golden fabric•
• Never Rip my denim
• Californian Gold Rush : how everything really began.