Bleak Safari Jacket - Herdmans®
BY CLASSICS ANEW
- A luxury, hybrid safari jacket crafted with artisanship, precious hardwares and breathable, high-performing fabric.
- The most traditional Mandarin buttons that take an artisan whole day of handworks(cut, roll, knit & stitch) to finish.
- Real jade buttons hand-stitch in Italian 'Crow's Foot' method.
- Patch pockets cut in Neapolitan 'Tasca a Pignatta’ shape.
- Waist pockets with enough room for phone and long wallet.
- Stylish pen/ cigar slot design on the left chest pocket.
- Inverted box pleats on chest pockets and 'Action Back' seem
- Neapolitan Shoulder 'Spalla Camicia' (shirt shoulder) style. Shirring construction allows a great range of arm motion.
- Finest linen by Herdmans, a remarkable name in Irish linen industry since 1835.
- World's best flax sown in Normandy, France, with sustainable and eco-friendly methods following European tradition.
- Maximum resistance to heat and UV protection, high capacity to absorb humidity, great durability and non-allergenic fibre.
' British style, Italian cut, Mandarin details '
'Bleak' is a tailored hybrid safari, as the blend of sartorial traditions and characteristics . Although safari jacket is such a classic British item, we give it a distinctly Italian sensibility through exotic style and artisanship. See the Neapolitan Shoulder 'Spalla Camicia' (shirt shoulder), this shirring shoulder construction allows wearer greater range of arm movement , which is only found on bespoke or high-end product.
Southern Italian style is also featured in the patch pockets. A very distinctive 'Tasca a Pignatta'(pot shape) pocket with tapered sides and rounded bottom like a brandy glass that requires precise cutting and handworks. Plus the inverted box pleats on the chest pockets and 'Action Back' seem, are engineered to a comfortable range of motion by skillful artisans, in order to offer room and unrestricted mobility.
Safari jacket is a legendary gentleman's item with history. The four pockets, belted designs are based on 19th century British military outdoor uniform in the tropical colonies. And oriental inspirations are also significant to our heritage, as Hong Kong designers. So we use pure, genuine 100% Jade buttons, beautifully attached with Italian 'Crow's Foot' hand-stitch method on this luxury garment.
To take it to another level, we developed this jacket with Hong Kong Qipao pattern-making master. The traditional Mandarin buttons on our jacket literally take an artisan whole day of handworks to cut, roll, knit and stitch, which is believed as the lost art of Chinese tailoring. We proudly named this collection '港野' referring to '香港野' (HK Stuff) or '香港野外'(HK outdoor). By merging the Italian and Mandarin artisanship with the world known Herdmans' French linen, we tell our story about how 'East meets West' in sartorial scene.
' Great alternative to a sports Jacket'